Advanced Internal Medicine Group

"We are recommending that you participate in our new Remote Patient Monitoring program. As you use the devices to take frequent measurements at home, the readings are securely transmitted to our office. This simple process enables us to have consistent insight into your health status and make any necessary adjustments to your medical treatment between office visits."

Ready To Enroll or Speak To An Expert About RPM?

Call (800) 813-1085

What Is Remote Care Management?

Our Remote Patient Monitoring Program (RPM) allows our providers and clinical staff to remotely monitor and manage your current medical treatment right from the comfort of your home. The way Remote Patient Monitoring works is simple: depending on your healthcare needs, monitoring equipment (such as a blood pressure machine or thermometer) is sent to you along with a SmartHub. You simply plug in the SmartHub and take a measurement with the monitoring equipment. The SmartHub will then transmit your data directly to our office with each reading you take and be monitored in real-time by your own dedicated Registered Nurse.

Our healthcare providers want to be intuitive, innovative, and instrumental in your care and we can do that when you participate in this program. This program will positively benefit you by reducing your long-term health care cost, optimize your medical treatment, and allow you to lead a happier, healthier life. Your participation in the program is extremely beneficial and valuable

Ready To Enroll or Speak To An Expert About RPM?

Call (800) 813-1085

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the "monitoring equipment?"

  • Simple and easy to use devices such as a blood pressure machine, glucometer, scale, thermometer, pulse oximeter, and spirometer.
  •  Depending on your healthcare needs, our clinical team will determine which of the listed equipment above we will mail to you.

What is a SmartHub?

  • The SmartHub is a small device that sends your vital signs directly to our office. It is pre-programmed to only scan for the readings of the monitoring equipment included in your healthcare kit. It does not and cannot record anything you say.
  • It will only speak when first plugged in, and when a reading is taken – which is a simple "Thank you for your reading”. This message confirms we have received your reading.

Do I need an internet connection/smartphone or any kind of special app?

  • Absolutely not, all the monitoring equipment comes with batteries and are strictly "plug and play”. Just plug in the SmartHub, then take your vitals.

How much will the program cost?

  • Medicare currently covers 80%, the remaining 20% may be covered by your secondary insurance.
  •  Medicare Advantage plans will have a co-pay ranging from $5 to $25 per month, depending on your specific plan.
  •  Commercial plans may have a copay, co-insurance, or deductible.

 *Due to various insurance plans, we cannot be certain what your specific plan will cover as every plan is different. We recommend you consult with your insurance company for specificity about your plan regarding coverage of the following RPM codes: 99454, 99457.


What is done with the readings?

  • These are used to make medical judgments such as changing medications, diet, or anything that falls under the realm of your care by our healthcare team.

Do I need to call the office if I have an unusual reading?

  • The answer is no, a member of your care team will contact you through text or phone if we need to reach you.

How often will I need to use the devices?

  • You may take multiple reading throughout the day if you feel a need. The more information we receive the better we can assist in your overall health. However, the ideal number of readings would be once a day.

Who Is Remote Care Partners (RCP)

  • RCP provides health care organizations a telecommunication and software platform for patient care management services.

What do I need to do to sign up?

You should have already received a letter in the mail from us about this program. To participate, all you need to do is review and sign the Patient Consent Form that was in that letter. There is a pre-addressed, postage paid envelope in that letter as well. Once your consent form is received, we will order and ship you your hub and devices. A member of our care team will then call you to educate you on using the equipment, answer any questions that you may have and help you in taking your first device readings.

If you have any questions about the Remote Care Management program, please call my Patient RCP Enrollment Support Line at (800) 813-1085.


Ready To Enroll or Speak To An Expert About RPM?

Call (800) 813-1085