A GREAT NEW PROGRAM FROM

The Providers AT

AThens Pulmonary

"We are recommending Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) and Chronic Care Management (CCM) programs to our patients that we feel will benefit from closer monitoring. As you use the devices to take frequent measurements at home, the readings are securely transmitted to our office. This simple process enables us and our staff to have consistent insight into your health status and make any necessary adjustments to your medical treatment between office visits."

Watch This Short Video To Learn What We Are Doing To Help You Improve Your Health!

What Is Remote Patient Monitoring?

Our RPM program allows our providers and clinical staff to remotely monitor and manage your current medical treatment right from the comfort of your home. Patients will be given “vital signs devices” and training on how to use them. Each of the devices you are given will monitor your readings Monday thru Friday during regular business hours. RPM is a valuable tool because it gives us more insight into your key vital signs and helps enable adjustments to your medical treatment between office visits.

CCM is an add-on service for patients with multiple chronic conditions. In addition to taking your measurements with your devices, we will work with you to create a personal, customized health plan. We will then call or text you during the month to check on your health progress, using your health plan as a guide. This regular communication enables us to understand your overall health better and give you more feedback based on our collected information.

To avoid duplication of services, please let us know if you are already being monitored at home.

Your insurance carrier will be billed monthly for this care management service, and you may be responsible for any coinsurance fee. Out-of-pocket expenses may be covered for patients who have a secondary insurance if guidelines are met. Accurate records of the time spent managing your care will be kept in our database should you ever have questions about what was recorded or done each month. You can leave the program at any time. However, should you no longer participate in the program, you must return all equipment within 90 days to avoid charges.

Ready To Enroll or Speak To An Expert About RPM?

Call (800) 565-0939

Frequently Asked Question

How much will the program cost?

  • The answer is simple – The devices themselves are bought and paid for by Athens Pulmonary. Medicare currently covers 80% of the program and leaves the remaining 20% as a patient due coinsurance and if you have a secondary coverage, it should pay. Medicare Advantage plans have a co-pay. Some are paying at 100%.
  • While the coinsurance averages around eight dollars a month, right now during the COVID-19 pandemic these costs may be waived. However, due to the variety of insurance plans, you should verify with your carrier what you might be charged.

Do I need an internet connection/smartphone or any kind of special app?

  • Absolutely not, all these devices come with batteries and are strictly "plug and play"?
  • This means that all you need to do is plug in the patented SmartHub, and then take your vitals using the devices sent.

What is a SmartHub?

The SmartHub sends your vital signs directly to us. It is preprogrammed to only scan for the readings of the devices included in your kit.

  • It does not and cannot record anything you say.
  • It will only speak when it is first plugged in, as well as each time a reading is taken - which is a simple "Thank you for your reading!" This thank you message is a way for you to be sure that we have received your device reading.

What is done with the readings?

These are used to make medical judgments such as changing of medications, diet, or anything that falls under the realm of your care.

 

Do I need to call the office if I have an unusual reading?

The answer is no, a member of your care team will contact you through text or phone if we need to reach you.

 

How often will I need to use the devices?

We ask that you take a reading at least once a day with a goal of at least 16 readings over the course of a calendar month.

 

What do I need to do to sign up?

You should have already received a letter in the mail from us about this program. To participate, all you need to do is review and sign the Patient Consent Form that was in that letter. There is a pre-addressed, postage paid envelope in that letter as well. Once your consent form is received, we will order and ship you your hub and devices. A member of our care team will then call you to educate you on using the equipment, answer any questions that you may have and help you in taking your first device readings.

If you are ready to enroll now, you can click the "Click Here To Enroll Now!" button and submit the online consent form.

If you have any questions about the RPM program, please call the Patient Enrollment Support Line at 800-565-0939.