DOCTOR Badday 

"I am recommending that all my patients participate in the Remote Care Management program and start out using three devices: a blood pressure monitor, a pulse oximeter and a thermometer. As you use the devices to take frequent measurements at home, the readings are securely transmitted to our office. This simple process enables me and my staff to have consistent insight into your health status and make any necessary adjustments to your medical treatment between office visits."

Hasan Badday, MD
Pain Management Specialist

What Is Remote Care Management?

Our Remote Care Management program allows our providers and clinical staff to remotely monitor and manage your current medical treatment right from the comfort of your home. Patients will be given vital signs devices and training on how to use them.  Each of the devices you are given will monitor your readings Monday thru Friday during regular business hours. If you should have any problems outside of these hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm) please call our office main number (949) 485-4257 for the on-call physician. Remote Care Management is a valuable tool because it gives us more insight into your key vital signs and helps enable adjustments to your medical treatment between office visits.

Medicare will not allow duplication of these services so if you already receive these services from another doctor, please let us know in advance.

Your insurance carrier will be billed monthly for this care management service and you may be responsible for any coinsurance fee. Out-of-pocket expenses may be covered for patients who have a secondary insurance if guidelines are met. Accurate records of the time spent managing your care will be kept in our database should you ever have questions about what was recorded or done each month. Should you decide to no longer participate in the program, we require you to return all devices. Failure to do so within 90 days, will result in a one-time $300.00 charge.

Frequently Asked Question

How much will the program cost?

The devices are bought and paid for by me, your provider. Traditional Medicare covers 80% of the program and leaves the remaining 20% as a patient due co-pay. If you have a secondary insurance coverage, it should pay the 20% co-pay. For all Medicare Advantage plans, please refer to your insurance for specific plan details, and out-of-pocket costs.

With all the different plan types, the co-pay averages around eight dollars a month. Right now, during the COVID-19 pandemic they have been waived (Please refer to your health insurance policy for specific out-of-pocket costs).

Do I need an internet connection/smartphone or any kind of special app?

  • Noall the medical devices come with batteries and are strictly "plug and play?.
  • All you need to do is plug in our patented Hub, and then take your readings using the devices.

What is a SmartHub?

Our SmartHub is what sends your vital signs directly to me. It is preprogrammed to only scan for the readings of the devices included in your kit.

It does not and cannot record anything you say.

It will only speak when it is first plugged in, as well as each time a reading is taken ? which is a simple "Thank you for your reading!? This thank you message is a way for you to be sure that we have received your device reading.

What do I need to do to sign up?

You should have already received a letter in the mail from us about this program. To participate, all you need to do is review and sign the Patient Consent Form that was in that letter. There is a pre-addressed, postage paid envelope in that letter as well. Once your consent form is received, we will order and ship you your hub and devices. A member of our care team will then call you to educate you on using the equipment, answer any questions that you may have and help you in taking your first device readings.

If you have any questions about the Remote Care Management program, please call my Patient RCP Enrollment Support Line at (800) 324-0615.